Saturday, January 29, 2011

the sweetest curse

art is a way of life
that we strive
to successfully live
so as to give
to the masses
them, you cant blame
for not playing the game
though its not a shame....
i know this will sound lame
but all the same
"its not done for the fame"
simply for the unconditional love
the expressive honor
but the more i get older
the more it takes over
so i apologize to my lover
for our bed will be winter
for you shall share with another
as i spend with it summer.....
am at it again
inflicting you pain
for keeping to the art lane
but am not sane
for like a thunderous rain
it hit me with a bang
as if i had inhaled bhang
to my soul it sang
to my ears it rang
i didn't ask for it
i dance to its beat
for its my addiction
simply for the reason
that its a prescription
for my mental condition

2 comments: